2019 Trust Conference Scholarship Programme for Activists and Human Rights Defenders
Deadline: May 3, 2019.
The Trust Conference Changemakers Programme funds frontline activists and human rights defenders from around the world to attend the annual conference. In 2018, we received applications from 90 countries and selected Changemakers with expert knowledge of our conference themes.
This year, we will award up to 60 scholarships to applicants from diverse disciplines who will bring their unique perspectives and take action at Trust Conference. The Trust Conference Changemakers Programme offers access to an influential gathering of NGOs, heads of corporations, lawyers, public servants and philanthropist.
1. The Trust Conference Changemakers Programme is open to all applicants working in the area of human rights.
2. Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate how their participation in Trust Conference will enhance their work and impact.
1. COMPLIMENTARY TICKET: One non-transferable ticket to attend both days of Trust Conference.
2. FINANCIAL SUPPORT: A bursary for travel & accommodation costs.
3. EXCLUSIVE ACCESS: Opportunity to network & participate in changemaker events.
4. GLOBAL EXPOSURE: Name featured in marketing materials and on the conference website.
5. ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP: Continued engagement opportunities
Selection will be based on a rating system developed by the Changemakers Programme review committee. Successful applicants will use their bursary (if applicable) to cover travel, visa and accommodation costs to attend Trust Conference 2019. There is no further funding available to cover expenses. Support will be awarded in three tiers:
1. TICKET ONLY: One non-transferable ticket to attend both days of Trust Conference.
2. PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP: One non-transferable ticket to attend both days of Trust Conference and a £750 bursary to help cover travel and accommodation expenses.
3. FULL SCHOLARSHIP: One non-transferable ticket to attend both days of Trust Conference and a £1,250 bursary to help cover travel and accommodation expenses.