2019 Traineeship at the EFTA Secretariat Geneva
Deadline: November 25, 2018.
The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) is the intergovernmental organisation of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. It was set up in 1960 by its then seven Member States for the promotion of free trade and economic integration between its members.A traineeship for the spring term 2019 in the Trade Relations Division (TRD) at the EFTA Secretariat in Geneva is open for applications.
1. Customs officials from national administrations of the EFTA States or candidates with a similar background and experience.
2. Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
3. Work experience of at least 2 years in a relevant governmental service or similar experience.
4. An analytical mind with ability to do relevant research and prepare documents in English.
5. A flexible and motivated team player capable of taking on a variety of tasks.
6. Fluency in both spoken and written English.
7. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
I. Trainees receive a flat monthly allowance of CHF 2,425.
II. Accommodation in an individual apartment is provided by EFTA.
Applications have to be submitted via the EFTA online recruitment tool. Shortlisted candidates are contacted by phone. Interviews are normally conducted via Skype.
Please be aware of the following:
• Your application will only be considered if you are a national of one of the EFTA Member States.
• All requested information on education, work experience, motivation, etc., should be filled in on the application form.
• Applications submitted by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
In the interests of offering this valuable experience to as broad a pool of individuals as possible, former ESA, EFTA Court and EFTA Secretariat trainees will not be eligible to apply for this traineeship.