2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Recruitment Program
Deadline: May 30, 2019.
The future of the Tony Elumelu Foundation centers on the provision of structured, robust, and multifaceted support to entrepreneurs around Africa through the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme.
The vision for the Foundation is to unlock the obstacles that Africa’s entrepreneurs face as they grow their start-ups into small to medium enterprises (SMEs), their SMEs into national growth companies, and their national growth companies into African multinationals.
1. Entrepreneurship Program Analyst And Mentor Lead
EP Analyst managing interns for due diligence, Enterprise Program Webinars, Podcasts and TEF connect mentor community pages Mentor Sourcing & Engagement Strategy Mentor Relationship Management
- Mentor management and engagement system including benefits and recommended automation.
- Successful Forum and mentor meet ups
- Partnerships to drive mentor sign ups (Aid Recruitment of Bi-lingual mentors to achieve 2;1 Entrepreneurship mentor ratio)
- Management of mentor community pages during the cycle In English and other requisite languages.
- Self-starter with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Confidence to interact with mentors who may be MD’s and CEO’s
- Experience in audit, compliance or due diligence
2. Brand Manager
The Brand Manager will be in charge of brand quality control, developing a strategy to ensure consistency of visual language across all touchpoints and the production of content as identified within the marketing and corporate communications team.
- Develop the overall brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Assist the execution of campaigns and product launches, as well as maintaining consistent look and feel across all brand touchpoints
- Create and manage brand collateral to establish and maintain product branding Manage the budget for advertising and promotional items
- Proactively review and update all brand collateral ahead of opportunities Competitor and customer insights analysis
- Meet with clients and working with colleagues across multiple departments Manage budgets and achieve significant maximization of costs
- Support the events team for product launches, exhibitions and photo shoots Create compelling collateral to position our alumni and brands across all channels
- Review all event sponsorship requests and recommend according to the needs Quality control all brand and content
- Graphic Design and brand management
- Brand quality control & collateral production
- Media Planning support
- Vendor management
- Media Monitoring
3. Communication Executive
The Communications Executive will oversee the creation and implementation of organisational communications for products or services.
- Lead the content marketing strategy to devise appropriate content for each stakeholder within the Foundation and deliver content ahead of timelines
- Create engaging content for all our publications, features and digital communications including newsletters, website, collateral, etc.
- Generate ideas and leads for original content in diverse formats such as digital video content, interviews, features and news, as well as contributing to design concepts.
- Manage the vast media archive in the foundation, regularly ensuring that all lists are updated periodically
- Manage the vendor acquisition and payment process of the media unit as directed by the Communications Manager
- Commission articles for the digital platform for African entrepreneurs – TEFConnect, as well as the Africapitalist Magazine
- Edit and proofread all content for all print publications and digital communications.
- Support the Alumni Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to research and interview alumni and regularly update the database
- Co-create case studies with a focus on the philosophy of Africapitalism and the impact of the Foundation, as directed by the Team Lead
- Assist in the creation of multimedia resources such as video and photoshoots, by producing content plans and questions for interviews.
- Drive subscriber engagement and generate leads to increase the subscriber base of the Foundation across all stakeholder segments
- Work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across the organisation on cross-team projects.
- Any other activities as directed by the Communications Manager or Head, MCC
- 3 – 5 years of experience
- BA or BSC in a relevant field
- Demonstration of 3 E’s. Excellence, Execution and Enterprise
4. Executive Assistant Legal
The role of the CEO Office Executive Assistant and TEF Legal serves as the Executive Assistant to CEO. The ideal candidate leads the governance, audit and compliance of the Tony Elumelu Foundation. Candidate also has oversight over the monitoring and evaluation compliance of the business.
- TEF Records Management, Compliance and Audit (Including partners records)
- Manage CEO Diary, travel and correspondence
- Lead Governance, document management policy and monthly performance review compliance
- Engagement talking points, meetings summaries and agreements
- Data research and update
- Compliance and risk mitigation post seed capital disbursement.
- Record management
- Document retention
- Self-starter with great interpersonal skills
5. TEF-CONNECT Marketing Manager
The TEFConnect Marketing Manager will be in charge of promoting TEFConnect and reinforcing its position as the largest digital networking platform for African entrepreneurs. The person’s duty is to ensure that it becomes the go-to hub for startup entrepreneurs.
- Develop marketing strategy to promote and position TEFConnect as the go-to hub for startup entrepreneurs in Africa.
- Capitalize on data and technology to fulfill organizational goals and set targets
- Collaborate with team to drive adoption and uncover insights for revenue generating possibilities
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Promote aspects of the platform to the relevant stakeholders, brief the press and PR teams about new products
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Create content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts to communicate the product to stakeholders
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences
- Test new goods and products
- Create a marketing budget and manage vendor acquisition
- Research competitor offerings and keep relevant stakeholders informed on trends in the technology space
- Advertising and Marketing
- Overall knowledge of how the tech space works