2019 Technical Support Analyst (Ghana) Vacancy at Mastercard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Technical Support Analyst will play a critical role as a lead technical resource responsible for supporting all technical matters at the Accra and Kigali offices. This individual will be responsible for responding to requests from staff, performing regular maintenance on network connected devices and providing guidance and training for end users.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or certificate in IT related fields.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supporting end users, applications and hardware.
- Possesses an entry level of network and infrastructure expertise coupled with a high ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Practical hands-on experience on workstations, printers, cellphones and audio-visual equipment.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency.
- A good understanding of the following Technologies: Windows 10 and Office 365, SharePoint.
- Intellectually curious and flexible, is comfortable with ambiguity, receptive to new ideas and open to change, when presented with best options.
- Is results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Possesses a global mind-set and professional maturity, and demonstrates sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- A team player who is able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org “Technical Support Analyst” in the subject line of your email. All applications are appreciated; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.