2019 Teach For Nigeria Fellowship program
Deadline: April 16, 2019.
The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment that is designed to build a movement of leaders who will work towards eliminating educational inequity in Nigeria.
As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path. The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country. It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
They believe every child has the right to develop the academic excellence, and mind-sets to thrive in the classroom while gaining access to opportunity to determine their own pathways and meaningfully engage with their communities. Therefore, they ground our teacher and leadership development training on outcomes and strategies that will transform the educational trajectory of the students we serve through a rigorous and extensive training program which begins with a six weeks Training Institute.
1. each for Nigeria fellows are citizens of Nigeria or of Nigerian origin. Teach for Nigeria is open to Nigerians who after the program can be a contributing change to education in Nigeria.
2. To be eligible, you must be a Nigerian citizen, hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and be younger than 35.
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some of the benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training
- Real responsibility from day one
- Job and internship opportunities during and post Fellowship
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 42 countries
- Access to a Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.