2019 Step Up Nigeria Programme Associate (Lagos) Recruitment
Deadline: July 26, 2019.
Step Up Nigeria is a creative team building bridges for improved governance to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Our vision is that Nigeria’s socio-economic development is not held back by corruption and poor governance. Our mission is to improve citizen engagement in tackling corruption and in the delivery of public goods and services.
They work in the following ways: Using social accountability actions and mechanisms to tackle corruption and improve service delivery. Conducting evidence-based research to help inform the discourse on improving transparency and accountability. Communicating with impact to influence good governance processes.
The Programme Associate has the primary responsibility of supporting the Executive Director and the rest of the program team to ensure the successful implementation of projects. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Programme Associate will coordinate and manage key activities as assigned by the Executive Director and support other daily administrative activities by working closely with other Programme Associates.
More specifically, the job will involve the following:
- Business development: Identifying funding opportunities and developing proposals to secure funding for Step Up Nigeria’s activities.
- Project Management-lead on managing specific projects as assigned.
- Technical Support: Providing support in technical areas such as writing reports, conducting surveys, developing questionnaires, developing work plans and strategies for interventions, reviewing questionnaires and generating reports from questionnaires
- Conducting Research: Conducting simple research on trending anti-corruption areas including media monitoring, conducting research to inform the development of policy briefs, conducting field research which may involve going to deprived communities.
- Communications: Developing content for website, blog, Facebook and Twitter. Set up and manage the social media accounts, conduct social media advocacy on issues being pursued by the organisation, facilitating meetings and group discussions.
- Administrative functions: Conduct general administrative functions such as such as setting up meetings, general logistics, organising events and workshops, managing database of relevant contacts for the organisation, keeping administrative records as required.
- Coordinating book sales and other revenue generating activities with commercial partners- such as handling the logistics of getting books onto e-commerce platforms e.g. Jumia.com and ensuring good customer service.
- Networking & Collaborating- Collaborating and networking with relevant stakeholders within civil society, government, and the private sector – developing relevant partnerships for Step Up Nigeria, representing the Executive Director in meetings etc
- Any other task as assigned by the Executive Director
- Strong communication- including good writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of partners.
- Ability to deliver at pace and meet deadlines.
- A track record of showing pro-activity and leadership
- Ability to work and deliver objectives limited supervision.
- Good ICT skills including proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
- Minimum of bachelors degree in a related field.
Applicants should send a copy of their recent CV along with a cover letter (no more than 500 words) to the email address below [email protected]