2019 SOZO Youths In Development Boot Camps and Fellowship for Young Nigerians
Deadline: August 8, 2019.
The Youths in Development Boot Camps and Fellowship programs is brought to you by the Sozo Networks and sponsored by the United States Embassy, Abuja. This program is targeted at young Nigerian change-makers in the social enterprise, entrepreneurship and nonprofit sectors. It is designed to provide them with the knowledge, skills and networks required to effectively lead sustainable community development initiatives through a 4-day non-residential boot camp, continuous supports, mentorship & funding opportunities. In 2019, the program will provide 200 outstanding young leaders from across Nigeria with the opportunity to hone their skills in advocacy, strategic planning, fundraising and Networking. The participants will then be supervised to step down the training to 2000 young leaders in their communities. Out of the 200 participants in the boot camps, 20 Fellows will be shortlisted.
1. Be between the ages of 18-35 on or before the application deadline.
2. Be a Nigerian citizen.
3. Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
4. Never attended a Fellowship program.
5. Will be available to attend a 4-day boot camp in Sokoto, Delta, Lagos or Abuja on the last week of August, 2019.
Generally, the 200 participants of the boot camps will hone their skills and acquire skills and knowledge from industry experts on how to lead sustainable social change through the 4-day boot camps. They will have access to the Sozo Networks’ strategic planning and leadership development toolkit. They will become a part of the Sozo Networks’ formidable network.
Based on exceptional performance during the boot camp, 20 participants will participate in a 3-month professional development experience where they will enjoy the following:
- Exclusive mentorship.
- Personal strategy sessions.
- Access to funding opportunities.
- Access to diaspora peer collaborators.
- Exclusive networking opportunities.
- Funds to implement community development project.
- Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received and will close on the 8th August 2019.
- Upon final reviews and verification, 200 participants will be long-listed to attend the 4-day boot camp in their preferred location.
- 20 Fellows would be shortlisted during the boot camps for continued professional development experience and Mentorship.