2019 South African National Space Agency (SANSA) Internship for South Africans
Deadline: September 20, 2019.
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) is a public entity under the National Department of Science and Innovation (DSI).
SANSA has a mandate to drive the promotion and use of space and cooperation in space-related activities. To achieve this mandate, the Agency fosters research in space science and technology, advances space engineering programmes, and supports the creation of an environment conducive to industrial development in space technologies within the framework of national government policy. More information about the organization can be found at http://www.sansa.org.za
SANSA runs an Internship Programme in which unemployed graduates and postgraduates are offered an opportunity to acquire practical work experience through mentoring, couching and exposure to a research environment.
Duties (not limited to this):
1. Provide desktop support to users
2. Installation / upgrade of computers
3. Maintenance of network infrastructure
4. Assist with network cabling and server cabinet wiring
5. Inventory of ICT store rooms
6. Basic network administration on Microsoft Windows and Linux-based servers
7. Documenting of network services and infrastructure
8. Opportunity for development of additional programming skills
1. National Diploma / Degree in Information Systems
2. Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
Interns will be paid a differentiated monthly salary according to their level of qualification as follows:
• R5 400 for a Diploma at NQF level 6 needing practical training to obtain full qualification
• R 6 070 for a Bachelors/Advanced Diploma at NQF level 7graduate
• R 6 750 for an Honours’ /Post Graduate Diploma/BTech at NQF level 8 graduate
• R 8 050 for a Masters/ MTech at NQF level 9 graduate.