2019 SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in sustainable development
Deadline: April 2, 2019.
The SEED Accelerator provides you with a one-year support package that includes
tailored needs assessment, capacity-building workshops, and one-on-one expert advice. You will develop the investment readiness and operational excellence of your
established eco-inclusive enterprise in order to effectively scale-up your business.
The SEED Catalyser provides you with 6 months of tailored support package combining peer-learning and guided expert advice. The programme will guide you to refine your business model in order to optimise your environmental, social and economic impacts and improve investment readiness as you scale-up.
You are eligible to apply for the SEED Awards 2019 if your enterprise:
a) demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation;
b) delivers economic, social and environmental benefits;
c) has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
d) is a partnership between different stakeholder groups;
e) is locally driven or locally led;
f) has potential for scale-up;
g) has potential for significant replication;
h) is in the early stages of implementation; and
i) meets the country specific requirements set out above.
1. SEED LOW CARBON AWARD
- 6 Winners receive 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €10,000* grant each.
- 24 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support & €1,500 grant each
2. AFRICA AWARD
- 5 Winners receive 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €20,000* grant each.
- 20 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support & Top 5 finalists will also receive €5,000* grant each
3. SOUTH AFRICA AWARD
- 3 Winners receive 1 year SEED Accelerator support & €10,000* grant each.
- 8 Finalists receive 6 months SEED Catalyser support & €1,500* grant each
In addition, SEED Award Winners and Finalists will also receive the following:
1. Grants: SEED will provide non-reimbursable grant funding for up to 50% of the total investment for the selected enterprises. The funding varies across award categories.
2. Replication Support: For enterprises ready and willing to replicate their business
activities in another region or country a dedicated replication support package will
prepare you in getting ready for the next steps of replication.
3. Tools: Self-help tools that enable enterprises to prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for example conducting market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships and measuring impact.
4. Profiling: SEED Winners and Finalists are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog, social media and on-ground events.
5. Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support
organisations, such as funders, policy-makers, SEED Alumni, other SMEs, as well as
SEED Partners and Associates.
Register online at app.seed.uno and submit your completed application before 02 April 2019.