2019 SDSN Youth Project Officer (Team Culture & Volunteer Experience Design), Volunteer Recruitment
At SDSN Youth, we empower young people to take meaningful action on the Sustainable Development Goals. By joining our global team, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- Volunteer Experience
- Managing the on-boarding experience for new starters
- Managing the off-boarding of volunteers
- Engage and help manage the experience for current volunteers: team building, connecting
- Team Culture
- Conducting Pulse surveys
- Employee Relations point of contact for volunteers
- Manage Internal communications: Conduct regular conference calls, Workplace
- Vision and Core Value
- People and Admin
- Grievance/Conflict resolution
- Policies and Procedures
Please note: As a virtual network, it is IMPORTANT for Project Officers to communicate effectively with their Project Leader and report back consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
The Culture & Experience Project Officer will be someone who:
- Is curious, empathetic, great listening skills.
- Is driven, and can work autonomously and independently.
- Has the ability to be fair, neutral and diplomatic with decision making.
- Is open-minded, and enjoys working with people. You are the representative of the people.
- Is interested in team culture & volunteer experiences, and using elements of service design, and customer experience (or learning about the concepts), to design experience that sparks joy for our volunteers.
- Have experience in managing multiple stakeholders/partners.
- Have some professional or volunteer work experience in a team.
- Have excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Be a proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively and report consistently. In a network, which operates across several time zones, reporting and communicating proactively is crucial.
- Must be responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Be aged between 18-30 in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Has an interest in service design, customer experience or experience design.
- Has experience volunteering or working in a global organization.
- Has an interest in sustainable development, be passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possesses an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is willing to travel occasionally (domestically and internationally).
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from running for this position.