2019 SARAO Graduate Programme Recruitment for South Africans
Deadline: April 30, 2019.
The South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO) that incorporates the SKA South Africa project wishes to recruit bright, young and enthusiastic graduates into the organisation.
Only South African citizens are eligible with one of the following academic qualifications:
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering;
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency Engineering;
- In final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical/Electromechanical/ Mechatronics Engineering; or
- Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Computer Science, Astronomy/Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, or in Physics, with exceptional programming skills and an interest in software development. Programming skills must be clearly demonstrated in the candidate’s application.
- Students will be assessed through a hands-on practical session that will take place at the SARAO Cape Town offices from 9-11 July 2019. This assessment forms part of the interview process. Dates for the assessment are non-negotiable. Travel for students outside of the Western Cape will be subsidised.
- Successful students will be based in Cape Town for a period of three (3) years, starting in January 2020.
- Students must intend carrying out a part-time Masters degree during the internship.
Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF to apply:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae demonstrating your skills;
- Certified (3 months old or less) South African ID document;
- Certified (3 months old or less) university transcripts; and
- A maximum 300 word motivational letter stating why you should be selected.
- Email to: [email protected]