2019 Sankalp Africa Awards
Deadline: December 7, 2018.
Since its launch in 2009 Sankalp Forum – an Intellecap Initiative – has created an eco-system of entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, multilaterals and policy makers who are committed to furthering the cause of development through entrepreneurship and innovation.
It is designed to initiate dialog and enable action through innovation and entrepreneurship at the base of the pyramid across five high impact sectors: Agriculture, Food & Rural Businesses, Education, Clean Energy, Health, Water & Sanitation, and Technology for Development.
They are looking for enterprises that:
1. Have a clear for-profit business model with high potential for scale
2. Are in the sectors of Agriculture, Financial services, Healthcare,Clean Energy, and livelihoods (Education, Water, and Sanitation)
3. Have already conducted some proof of concept or have a beta versiosn of their products running on the ground, and are preferably generating revenues
4. The solution should be clearly catering to rural, low-income, disadvantaged communities or people living at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP)
5. Have an experienced and dedicated promoter team.
6. Are looking for funding in the range of USD 100K – USD 1mn
1. One-on-one Investment readiness preparation
2. Pitching in front of seasonal investors and the I3N network members(investors)
3. Match making to potential investors
4. Networking with pioneers and transformers in the business field in East Africa
5. Networking with other entrepreneurs
6. Hand-holding through the fundraising process
7. Two free tickets to Sankalp