2019 Samsung Mobile Design Competition
Deadline: August 4, 2019.
The Samsung Mobile Design Competition is a global contest that challenges contestants to come up with innovative new ways for Galaxy mobile devices to be used in the future.
There are two categories to enter.
1. The Next Mobile + category is to design a new accessory for Galaxy smartphones, tablets and wearables – such as smartphone cases, tablet covers, watch straps or earbud cases – which enhances the device and provides added value for the user.
2. The Next Mobile Wallpaper Paradigm category is to create a new wallpaper design for Galaxy devices with screens, which could incorporate elements such as interactivity and contextual awareness.
1. It is free to enter the competition.
2. Entries from designers or teams will be accepted, and entrants are free to enter one or both of the categories.
3. All entrants must be over 18, professional designers or design students, and able to present their work to a panel of English-speaking judges.
4. Entrants will need to be available to travel to the UK from 24 to 26 September 2019 to present their concept to the jury in London. In addition, the top three will also be invited to the Samsung Developer Conference in San Jose, USA, from 28 to 31 October 2019 for the award ceremony and exhibition of the designs.
5. If contestants enter as a team, they will be asked to select a single representative to attend the judging and awards ceremony.
The competition has total prize money of $40,000. In each category, the winner will receive a top prize of $10,000, the runner up will receive $5,000 and third place will receive $3,000. The fourth- and fifth-placed entrants in each category will receive $1,000 each.
1. Contestants will need to submit their entry via this form and include the information listed in the guidelines below.
2. The entry requirements are different for each category, so please read the submission guidelines carefully.
3. Please also make sure you carefully read the terms and conditions before entering.