2019 Royal Academy Sir Ralph Robins Engineering Leaders scholarship
Deadline: January 14, 2019.
The Engineering Leaders Scholarships (ELS) programme aims to provide support for undergraduates in UK Higher Education Institutions (HEI) who have the potential to become leaders in engineering and who are able to act as role models for future engineers.
These scholarships help ambitious and inspiring undergraduates in engineering and related disciplines, who want to become leadership role models for the next generation of engineers, to undertake an accelerated personal development programme.
- Must be completing an undergraduate degree at a UK Higher Education Institution, this includes degree apprenticeships
- Need to be studying engineering or a related discipline
- Will have completed at least one year (full time equivalent) or your degree, and have at least two years full time equivalent (including the current year) left until graduation
- Will usually be resident in the UK and eligible to pay UK home fees
For those who wish to be considered for a Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship you must also meet the following critera:
You must have attended a non-fee paying secondary school AND meet one of the following three criteria
- have been eligible for free school meals OR
- be in the first generation from your immediate family to attend university OR
- have at some stage been in local authority care
There will also be an opportunity in the application form to let us know if there is anything else you would like us to take into consideration when considering your eligibility for a Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship.
All Scholars receive £5,000 to be used over three years towards career personal development activities.
There is a two stage process in applying to this scheme, a written application needs to be submitted first, for those who are successful at this stage you will be invited to a Selection Event where we will decide who should receive an award.