2019 Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowships and Engineering for Development Research Fellowships
Deadline: September 23, 2019.
The Royal Academy of Engineering offers Research Fellowships each year to outstanding early-career researchers to support them to become future research leaders in engineering. The scheme’s objectives are to:
- support the best early-career researchers in establishing their independence and international reputation
- provide long-term support enabling the pursuit of an ambitious programme of engineering research and impact
- develop ambassadors for the Academy and advocates for STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) disciplines.
1. The Academy welcomes applications from early-career researchers worldwide
2. Applicants who have been awarded their PhD in the last four years.
The scheme provides funding for five years. Each application is capped at a maximum contribution from the Academy of £500,000 over the five-year period, at 80% of full economic costs. In addition, Research Fellowships must be held at a UK higher education institution/university.
In addition to the direct financial support, the scheme benefits include:
- opportunity to establish a research track record in a specialised area
- a stronger position to apply for additional funding and develop own research team
- mentoring support from an Academy Fellow to offer advice on research and career development
- reduction of teaching and administrative duties to dedicate time to research
- training opportunities
- networking with other Research Fellows and Academy Fellows.