2019 PRB Women’s Edition Workshop for South Asian Journalists
Deadline: February 4, 2019.
PRB is currently accepting applications for its Women’s Edition South Asia program. Women’s Edition brings together senior-level women journalists—editors, reporters, and producers—for weeklong seminars to examine important topics related to women’s and girls’ reproductive health and development. The 2019 seminar will be in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will focus on child marriage.
After the seminar, Women’s Edition journalists must produce an in-depth special report, series of stories, or broadcast program on the issues covered for their media house. The seven or eight journalists who produce the best reports will be invited to participate in subsequent seminars and study tours in 2020 to delve further into reproductive health, population, and development issues.
Intrepid women journalists who:
- Report from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, or Pakistan.
- Hold an influential editorial position–senior-level editor, reporter, or producer–with a leading media outlet that has a large audience, such as national and regional newspapers, magazines, and television and radio stations. Freelancers and bloggers may apply but must provide a letter of support from a news organization indicating that their work will be published or broadcast.
- Demonstrate interest in women’s health, development, and population issues and a commitment to covering these topics.
- Communicate comfortably and effectively in English during the seminars, though they may write or broadcast in any language.
PRB will cover all seminar expenses, including travel, lodging, and meals.
Complete this form through PRB’s online submission portal. For your application, you will need to provide:
- Basic personal information and links to your social media pages.
- Your current CV.
- A statement of interest.
- A description of an important reproductive health topic in your country.
- Two examples of your best work.
- Two references.
Please contact [email protected]