2019 Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
Deadline: September 15, 2019.
Finding a language for life – the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Foundation have been following up on Pina Bausch’s credo since 2016 with a co-developed grant programme and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
1. For dancers: university/academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
2. For choreographers: independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years.
3. The Fellowship is promoted internationally. It has no age-restrictions and aims at single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can apply if they meet the personal requirements.
4. In order to take part in the Fellowship programme, basic knowledge of the English language is required for purposes of communication among the Fellowship holders and the participation in formats such as the presentation of the project proposal, press meetings and public presentations. Organisational handling such as email contact and travel bookings are going to be in English.
1. Each fellowship can take a minimum of three months and no longer than six months. It includes a monthly allowance of 2.500 Euros and one-time travel expenses. Up to four fellowships are granted each year.
2. Grants for a temporary residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad
3. A non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreographer at home or abroad
4. The studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad.
An application for the Pina Bausch Fellowship 2020 is possible from June 1st to September 15th, 2019, and hereonly.
The application procedure requires:
- letter of motivation (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- a brief statement on your planned stay ( max. 800 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- CV in tabular form (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH) and a portrait
- information on the planned date and duration of the stay
- an approximate estimate of travel expenses
- letter of intent from the cooperating partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in ENGLISH)
- video material