2019 One Young World Leading The Middle East Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Are you a young leader from The Middle East? You could attend the One Young World 2019 Summit in London from 22 – 25 October via our flagship Scholarship.
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Afghanistan, Oman, Israel, Jordan, Syrian Arab Republic, Bahrain, Palestinian Territories*, United Arab Emirates, Iran, Islamic Republic of, Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen, Lebanon, Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.