2019 One Young World Leading The Americas Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Are you a young leader from The Americas? You could attend the One Young World 2019 Summit in London from 22 – 25 October via our flagship Scholarship.
The Leading The Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. 2018 witnessed seven presidential elections across Latin America alone, yet the notion of democracy is being tested. In Peru, a Presidential resignation was born out of a corruption scandal, hundreds were killed in the Nicaraguan protests and Venezuela is on the brink of collapse. The US is pulling away from its neighbours. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Chile, Dominica, Grenada, Panama, Hondura, Saint Lucia, Bolivia, United States, Argentina, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Guatemala, Paraguay, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Uruguay, Bahamas, Brazil, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, Ecuador, Guyana, Suriname, Venezuela, Barbados, Canada, Cuba, El Salvador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Trinidad and Tobago.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.