2019 One Young World Leading Asia Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Are you a young leader from Asia? You could attend the One Young World 2019 Summit in London from 22 – 25 October via our flagship Scholarship.
Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade-war between China and USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasingly in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
You are eligible for Leading Asia sponsorship if you can answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Are you over 18?
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Bangladesh, China, India, Kazakhstan, Lao, People’s Democratic Republic, Nepal, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore/td>, Turkmenistan, Bhutan, Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Korea, Republic of, Maldives, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, Kyrgzstan, Mongolia, Philippines and Thailand.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2018.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.