2019 One Young World 2019 Leading The Pacific Scholarship
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
Are you a young leader from The Pacific? You could attend the One Young World 2019 Summit in London from 22 – 25 October via our flagship Scholarship.
The Leading The Pacific Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from the Pacific region are represented at the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
Across the entire Pacific region, environmental issues dominate the agenda. Locally, communities are struggling against challenges of waste management, deforestation, overfishing, and the after-effects of nuclear testing. These threats will soon render many of the Pacific Islands uninhabitable, but the regions receive negligible coverage in the global news. Leaders have struggled to connect this diverse collection of islands, but Pacific societies have prospered within their remote locations and have the potential to unite and drive change within the region.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in London.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are you over 18?
- Have an evidenced commitment ot delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Australia, Tonga, Micronesia, Federated States of, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, Samoa, Tuvalu, New Zealand, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Marshall Islands, Palau and Timor-Leste.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, the United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 October and 25 October 2019.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from London. Your flight to and from London must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2019, you will be required to pay the UK visa fee yourself. The UK visa costs £93 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.