2019 ONE Champion Programs in Senegal and Mali
Deadline: February 10, 2019.
ONE’s office in the Francophone West Africa Region, based in Dakar, is launching the ONE Champions Program in Senegal and Mali. The purpose of this volunteer program is to recruit, train and support 25 emerging leaders aged 18 to 35 who will support ONE’s causes at the national level. Our advocacy campaigns cover the areas of education including girls, gender, agriculture, transparency, good governance and health as ways to eradicate poverty and preventable diseases.
In this volunteer program, our champions work in close collaboration with our team, especially with the campaign manager, to find innovative ways to challenge political decision-makers to ensure changes in legislation, public investment and solutions to problems related to poverty in Senegal and Mali.
EXPECTATION FROM APPLICANTS
- A craze for change
- A firm desire to end poverty
- A willingness to engage in ONE’s program all year long
- Demonstrate an interest in challenging and engaging policy makers on important issues
- Support the planning and organization of campaigns and membership recruitment activities;
- Inform ONE of key developments in their community and develop related content;
- Collaborate with our team to plan events and activities on social networks;
- Help ONE identify the strategic media to target to maximize visibility;
- Support ONE in identifying strategic dates and activities that could increase its impact;
- Support the mobilization of members in their communities in Senegal and Mali in general;
- Help promote ONE’s work
- A unique opportunity and an extraordinary network to have a significant impact on your community, your country and the world, evolving in a favorable working environment
- Training on campaigns, advocacy, media relations, the lobby of policymakers
- ONE certificate
- Opportunities to represent ONE at national and international conferences