2019 ONE Africa Award for Sustainable Development Goals Driven Projects
Deadline: January 31, 2020.
The ONE Africa Award celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty, to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education.
The 2019 ONE Africa Award will recognise Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level. The award recognises, rewards and advances the exceptional work of organisations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa. The US$100,000 award will recognise innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivise more of such efforts.
Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that have demonstrated commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the SDGs are invited to apply.
A. The ONE Africa Award recognises the exceptional work of organisations that are founded by Africans, based in Africa and working to help Africa achieve the SDGs.
B. The award recognises exceptional organisations and other groups demonstrating commitment and success in assisting Africans in meeting one or more of the SDGs through innovative advocacy-based programs.
C. Qualified recipients may be engaged in direct services to achieve any of the SDGs, but must demonstrate a strong advocacy component integral to the delivery and success of their programs. Qualified recipients may be advocacy/pressure groups and think tanks engaged in governance activities, such as the monitoring of flows of resources and/or holding governments accountable to commitments to SDG attainment.
D. Organisations will be graded in five categories and will be awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to scale interventions.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (for example, community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate that interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
The US$100,000 award recognises innovative African efforts to fight poverty and incentivises more of such efforts.
Download the application form in Word or PDF format:
Please complete each section of the application and attach the required supplemental documents by 23:59 SAST / 21:59 GMT/UTC Friday, 31 January 2020 according to the submission guidelines.
Please send your completed application to:
Stonewedge Office Park
1 Wedgelink Road
Or via email to: email@example.com