2019 Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia Pacific Program
Deadline: August 15, 2019.
The Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia Pacific Program is a one-year leadership development and civic engagement program that seeks to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders from across the Asia-Pacific region.
1. You must be a citizen of a country in the Asia-Pacific region OR an American citizen/permanent resident in Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, or the Marshall Islands.
2. You must currently reside in an eligible country or territory in the Asia-Pacific region.
3. You must be 24-40 years old.
4. You must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
5. You must be able to attend an in-person convening from December 10-14, 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
6. The qualifying countries are: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Macao, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea (DPRK), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea (ROK), Taiwan, Thailand, The Federated States of Micronesia, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wake Island, Wallis and Futuna.
1. The Foundation covers economy class airfare, ground transportation in Malaysia, and shared dormitory accommodations during the dates of the in-person convening. Leaders are responsible for covering any costs related to acquiring a passport and obtaining a Malaysian visa.
2. From December 10-14, 2019, the Leaders will participate in an intensive convening that includes plenary sessions, problem-solving workshops, leadership sessions, skillbuilding trainings, and opportunities to hear from and work with experts from the Asia-Pacific region and around the world.