2019 Nigerian Women Trust Fund Young Women Ambassador/ Mentorship Programme
Deadline: June 5, 2019.
The Nigerian Women Trust Fund, in partnership with the SDN, is pleased to announce the launch of the Young Women Ambassador/Mentorship programme. This programme is a part of the More Women in Governance (M-WIG) project being implemented by both organisations to promote gender equality in governance and decision making spaces in Rivers State. The mentorship programme is a developmental opportunity aimed at equipping young women with the knowledge and leadership skills equip mentees with the knowledge and skills necessary for those aspiring for a career in politics within the Niger Delta and Nigeria as a whole. The Programme aims to do this by connecting and fostering a relationship between women, who have participated extensively in politics (mentors), and young women who are politically ambitious (mentees).
You are invited to participate in this programme as a mentee if you are:
- A female between the ages of 18-35 who is currently enrolled in a higher learning institution; however, women with strong political will and exceptional qualities but are not part of any tertiary institution will also be considered
- Enthusiastic about participating in the promotion of gender inclusive governance within your community
- Willing to apply the knowledge and skills gained during the programme to advocate to stakeholders and sensitise other citizens about the importance of increased female political representation
1. This programme will provide mentors with the opportunity to contribute to a more inclusive political system in the Niger Delta region of the country, and equip mentees with the knowledge and skills necessary for those aspiring for a career in politics.
2. It will also provide participants with the opportunity to expand their networks, and raise their leadership profiles.