2019 Nigerian Conversation Foundation Wildlife Officer Recruitment
Deadline: June 17, 2019.
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is the premier Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) dedicated to nature conservation and sustainable development in Nigeria. Established in 1980, the Foundation was registered in 1982 as a Charitable Trust under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Act of 1961 – a policy that was replaced by the Company and Allied Matters Act of 1990.
The Foundation is a BirdLife International Partner in Nigeria, an associate of Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF) and member of International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). Other notable international partners include Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB), Wetlands International as well as Fauna and Flora International (FFI).
1. To collate and analyze all relevant field data for the better management of the reserve.
2. Collect biodiversity and socio-economy data and undertake regular biological monitoring and evaluation of the reserve resources.
3.To assist in natural history interpretation of the LCC to enhance its eco-tourism potential.
4. Participate in biodiversity surveys organized by the project or the technical department.
5. Carry out natural history interpretation to enhance visitor/tourist use of the reserve.
6. Maintain the reserve infrastructures such as the nature trail, nature station observation towers bird hide, resting spots, etc. in good working conditions regularly
7. Assist researchers (e.g., students, lecturers, and institutions )conducting relevant studies in Lekki Conservation Center (LCC)
8. Conduct regular anti-poaching patrols (day and night) of the reserve.
9. Inventory properties of the project and ensure their maintenance and safety.
10. Submit daily patrol reports to the project manager.
11. Identify and develop a concept for project funding and support
12. Submit monthly and quarterly reports to the project manager
13. Any other duties that may be assigned
Competence requirements for the job (National Diploma in Conservation related field 2 Years’ Experience in Conservation related field)
Kindly send your detailed CV to [email protected] with WILDLIFE OFFICER as the subject.