2019 New York Times Fellowship for Journalist in the United State
Deadline: November 19, 2018.
They believe the fellowship, which will incorporate speakers, feedback and training opportunities, will better serve budding journalists. The fellowship also will target many of the same candidates as the internship: qualified recent college graduates and postgraduates. These changes will not affect our summer internship program in business departments.
The fellowship will begin in June. The 2019 program will incorporate reporters across a range of sections, as well as journalists in photo, visual investigations, graphics, news design, podcasts, Opinion and The New York Times Magazine.
1. The program is targeted toward recent graduates of college and graduate school who are early in their journalism careers.
2. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
1. Fellows will work full time and will be paid and receive benefits. They will be Guild-represented employees.
2. The fellows will work out of their offices in New York. A few may work at their bureau in Washington.
3. The fellows will perform the kind of work that their other full-time journalists perform.
4. They expect to post jobs for reporters, as well as for jobs in audio, video, photo, graphics, social/audience and opinion.