2019 National University of Singapore Fellowship Programme for Southeast Asia
Deadline: June 30, 2019.
The NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) aims to attract bright young faculty members (or would-be faculty members) and researchers from ASEAN universities and research institutes to NUS for a 6 to 12-month fellowship.
Up to 25 Fellowships will be offered each year.
- Citizenship / Residency: Applicants must either be citizens of an ASEAN country or must be residing in an ASEAN country at the time of application.
- Degree: Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputed institute. However, exceptional candidates with a master’s degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Relevant Experience: Applicants should possess NO more than 10 years of post-PhD research experience. Postdoctoral experience can be included under research experience.
- Language: Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- NUS will provide shared accommodation.
- NUS will provide a monthly stipend of up to S$ 2,000.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes) within NUS.
Documents Required for Application include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae including list of selected publications (no longer than 2 pages).
- Cover Letter highlighting your suitability for the fellowship based on review criteria (no longer than 1 page)
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at NUS.
- Copy of host professor / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- Two recommendation letters from current and past supervisors stating your suitability for this fellowship.
- Letter of Support from the home institute / University (Director, HoD, Vice Dean, Dean) endorsing your candidature.
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts.
- Review your eligibility before starting your application.
- Browse through the list of available professor / PI’s and their research areas as potential collaborators.
- List of Professors /PIs in Arts/ Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Business
- List of Professors /PIs in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine
If you would like to collaborate with another professor / PI who is NOT on this list, you may approach him / her directly to discuss this opportunity. If the professor / PI is supportive of your application, he / she may give you an in-principle approval over email.
- Reach out to the Professor / PI you intend to collaborate with via his/her official email and jointly develop a short research proposal (no longer than 2 pages)
- Get your host professor’s / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- After obtaining in-principle approval from your host professor / PI, complete the Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NUS SEA Fellow Application – your name”. Please remember to attach all supporting documents.