2019 National Mentoring Partnership (MENTOR) Digital Marketing & Design Associate Recruitment
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing & Design Associate is responsible for contributing to MENTOR’s overall marketing, communications, and grassroots advocacy strategies and implementing digital tactics to achieve organizational goals. The Digital Marketing & Design Associate will work to optimize MENTOR’s website presence and digital experience to improve communication with its audiences. Qualified candidates will have experience in designing and creating website and digital content. We’re looking for an enthusiastic social change-maker to use innovative thinking, technical, and design skills to advance the public dialogue about youth mentoring. This position is based in MENTOR’s national headquarters in Boston, MA.
Website & Brand Management
- Manage MENTOR’s website with a solid understanding of responsive design
- Create new webpages and digital content using WordPress
- Maintain and consistently update content including graphics, videos, blog posts, press releases, etc.
- Manage website maintenance and domain registration with external vendors
- Implement strategies to monitor and increase website traffic
- Serve as the expert on MENTOR’s Branding and Style Guides
- Assist in ensuring that these guides are followed in all design-related projects, for MENTOR and our Affiliates
- Design engaging visuals for email, website, and social media, including but not limited to: infographics, overlays for photos and videos, header and profile image sets, etc.
- Manage design deliverables such as National Mentoring Summit related design collateral, MENTOR research guides and toolkits, along with occasional document design and layouts
- Collaborate with design vendors; monitoring projects and timelines to ensure successful execution and timely delivery
- Design, test, and send emails optimized for both desktop and mobile viewing
- Manage and update email databases and distribution lists
- Explore and lead MENTOR’s implementation of new email-related tools such as automation, testing, drip campaigns, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design and website management
- Strong web management skills: Experience with WordPress, and HTML/CSS knowledge
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with email marketing software such as Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines while being detail-oriented and committed to quality
- Ability to design on-brand materials that will be used across all functions of the organization
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholders—including vendors—to ensure deliverables and deadlines are being met
- Project management experience a plus
- Passionate about MENTOR’s work and able to promote and communicate our mission and values to external and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a highly effective nonprofit’s marketing and communications team. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health, dental, 403b, generous vacation, STD/LTD/Life Insurance, pretax transit/parking, and paid professional development.