2019 National Endowment for Democracy Hurford Youth Fellowship
Deadline: July 1, 2019.
The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program seeks to build the leadership skills and harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy and the World Youth Movement for Democracy. Hurford Youth Fellows engage in strategic meetings; conduct research; and organize and lead presentations, online discussions, and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues.
1. Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
2. They must demonstrate strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
3. Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
4. A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes.
1. Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C.
2. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
1. Applicant Form;
2. C.V./Resume; and
3. Two Letters of Recommendation
4. All application materials should be uploaded in the application portal.