2019 Nanyang Technological University Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides the opportunity for early career scientists, engineers and scholars from Singapore and around the world to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU, often regarded as the most research intensive university in Asia.
The postdoc appointment is intended to provide a pathway to an academic appointment as an assistant professor or another international postdoctoral assignment.
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore’s (NTU Singapore) is ranked 11th globally in the QS World University Rankings, and 1st in QS’ league of the world’s best young universities for four consecutive years. NTU offers engineering, science, business, humanities, arts and social sciences, and has a medical school with Imperial College London.
- Graduated with a PhD degree and no more than 5 years of full time postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
- Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
- Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
- Applicant is required to submit thoughtful and realistic research proposal.
- Be available to take up the position no later than 31 October 2019
- A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
- A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
- A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability).
- Relocation allowance of up to SGD 4,000.
- Generous personal development opportunities and mentorship in an established research group
- Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
- Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
All applications must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
3. Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
4. Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages download template)
5. Contact information of two referees* (one must be your PhD Supervisor)
6. Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)