2019 Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition
Deadline: February 13, 2019.
The Milken-Penn GSE Education Business Plan Competition (EBPC) is open to applicants worldwide and offers a tremendous opportunity to entrepreneurs and investors alike. With a rich history of success, the EBPC has awarded over $1,000,000 in cash prizes since 2010, and winners and finalists have gone on to raise more than $135 million in additional funding. Through its dynamic ecosystem, the EBPC celebrates meaningful innovations that address persistent and emerging problems in education.
The EBPC welcomes entrepreneurs with innovative ideas in education in areas of focus including:
- Urban Education
- Connecting Research to Practice
- Teaching & Learning
- Technology in Grades K through 12
- Special Education & At-Risk Students
- Open & Collaborative Solutions: The Education Ecosystem
- Online & Distance Learning in Higher Education
- Global/Borderless Education Solutions
- Early Childhood Education
- Workforce Learning
Semi-Finalists selected from Round 1 will receive:
- 1-on-1 Mentorship with industry specialists
- Free access to Catalyst Bootcamps that explore essentials of startup strategies and plans for growth
- Showcase your venture and receive valuable feedback at a thought leadership event concurrent with ISTE in Philadelphia
- Opportunities to take your business idea to the next level
Round 1 is open to applicants who currently generate revenue, grants, customers, or investors, as well as those with well-conceived plans to do so.
Round 2 is open to Semi-Finalists from Round 1 who have the exclusive opportunity to submit a refined application enriched by this development process with Catalyst.
Finalists selected from Round 2 will pitch their venture at the EBPC Finals in Philadelphia for the chance win cash prizes and share their idea with investors, entrepreneurs, and educational thought-leaders.