2019 MFWA Continental Journalism Awards on AU Charter for AU Member States
Deadline: August 16, 2019.
A consortium of 14 prominent civil society organisations working to advance the implementation of the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance (ACDEG) is calling for entries from journalists for the Journalism Awards on the Charter.
The Awards is an initiative to recognise and honour journalists in Africa who have been working on critical, analytical and high-quality reports that are advancing the course of the African Charter on Democracy, Elections and Governance (ACDEG) and the African Governance Architecture (AGA) in their countries.
The Awards will honour outstanding stories that focus on the following thematic areas:
- Culture of Democracy and Peace
- Democratic Institutions, Elections and Transitioning of Governments
- Transparency, Accountability and Decentralisation of Power
- Inclusion and participation of the youth in democratic processes
1. An applicant of the Awards must be a citizen of AU member states and must be working with a media organisation (print, electronic, online) in Anglophone, Francophone or Luscophone AU member state.
2. An entry for the Awards must have been published or broadcast between January 1, 2017 and August 16, 2019.
3. The entry should be an original work published through a media outlet in Africa and must show date of publication/broadcast and the medium in which the work was published.
4. Applicants may submit entries to a maximum of two thematic areas. For each thematic area, a maximum of two entries is permitted.
Interested applicants should upload published works via the entry form.
Finalists for the Awards will be hosted at a ceremony by the MFWA in Accra, Ghana on October 19, 2019 during this year’s West Africa Media Excellence Conference and Awards (WAMECA 2019).