2019 MetamorphoseAfrica Mentorship Program
MetamorphoseAfricaa are charity working hard to provide information technology and digital opportunities for millions of African youths, so as to help reduce unemployment and poverty amongst young people in Africa. We work with mentors and partners to help guide and provide support to African youths as they acquire new skills that will make them become the best version of themselves.
- University Graduate from any discipline with any grade (must have graduated within 1 year or currently doing your NYSC).
- Must have access to a computer and know how to use it.
- Must have at least 5 hours a week dedicated to learning.
- All applicants that complete our assessment course will be eligible to write our assessment exam.
- The best candidate per category will become the mentee (for this cycle we are taking 4 mentees).
- World-class mentors.
- Free internet for the duration of the mentoring.
- Get trained in one of the 4 in-demand skills in IT and Digital Marketing (Data Analyst/Data Scientist, Software/Web Development, Social Media Marketing, and IT Product Management.
- Access to paid training
- Publicity on our LinkedIn page to help with career progression
- Access to any available jobs from our ambassadors
- You will need to complete an assessment/free course.
- The mentoring will last for 3 months and will commence on the 8th of April 2019.
- A mentor will be paired with an appropriate mentee.
- Introductions are made and mentoring goals are defined (form will be provided).
- Mentee sends a weekly update to mentor and mentor gives guidance, nuggets, and tasks to complete.
- Mentor spends at least one hour a week talking to the mentee.
- After 8 weeks, progress is reviewed and mentor gives the mentee a capstone project.
- Mentee works on a capstone project for 3 weeks and sends the solution to the mentor.
- Mentor evaluates overall performance and advice whether the mentee successfully completed the program.
- Mentoring is complete, a certificate is issued, MA and the mentor can also provide work opportunity to mentee if available.