2019 MEST MEST Incubator in Nairobi, Kenya Portfolio Fellow Recruitment
Deadline: March 10, 2019.
MEST is a Pan-African training program, seed fund & incubator, headquartered in Accra, Ghana. We offer a 1-year training program for skilled, aspiring tech entrepreneurs, led by a staff of internationally experienced teaching fellows. Each year, we look for Africa’s top talent looking to begin their journey toward becoming globally successful software entrepreneurs.
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $15million in training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and over 25 high technology companies across Ghana and Nigeria have been mentored and funded.
MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local & global markets, received outside follow-on funding from global investors, and have gained admittance to top accelerator programs such as Y-Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
- To utilize knowledge and skills related to specialization to grow assigned portfolio companies and to work across all portfolio companies as requested by other portfolio fellows.
- To develop portfolio management skills to become a more rounded and accomplished business advisor for startups that are scaling.
- To work with assigned portfolio companies to diagnose and understand their tier status (current state), develop a plan for scaling effectively, guide, direct and own their growth journey including bringing in relevant internal and external stakeholders. Project manage in order to achieve agreed metrics.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT
- 2 years of demonstrating successful use of specialized skill preferably on the continent or in an emerging market.
- 2 years working on frameworks for growth, venture building or investment funding.
- 1 years experience of new market entry, business building including attracting direct investment or running own startup.
- Problem solver
- Can do attitude
- Team player, able to recognize and utilize others strengths
- Willing and eager to learn
- Good communication skills