2019 Mest Africa Executive Assistant Recruitment
MEST is a Pan-African training program, seed fund & incubator, headquartered in Accra, Ghana. We offer a 1-year training program for skilled, aspiring tech entrepreneurs, led by a staff of internationally experienced teaching fellows.
Based at our headquarters in Accra, Ghana, the Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s Managing Director.
The responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will include managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Maintain diary, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly monthly or quarterly reports
- Proven work experience as an Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
- This young professional should be an excellent communicator with strong writing and exceptional organisational skills ready to dive into the dynamic MEST Africa team.
- He or she should also be a strong and passionate individual who is excited about the chance to experience what it’s like to work in a fast-paced high-energy environment with a massive opportunity for personal growth.
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person) and cross-cultural communication experience with emerging and developed markets
- High-level English language skills; written and verbal
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Familiarity with cloud systems and popular products in the G-suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides & Calendar)
- College Degree (additional qualification as a personal assistant would be considered an advantage)