2019 Mastercard Foundation scholarship at Makerere University
Deadline: May 10, 2019.
Since 2014, Makerere University in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has provided scholarships at the undergraduate level to academically talented, yet financially disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Recipients of this scholarship are provided with comprehensive financial, academic as well as social and leadership development support for the entire period of their study at the University. Makerere University is now pleased to announce 455 undergraduate scholarship opportunities (388 young women and 67 young men) for national
(89%) and international (11%) students joining the University for academic year 2019/2020.
a. Must be admitted to study at Makerere University main campus in the academic year 2019/2020. This means that in order to fit within the Makerere University admission guidelines, all Scholarship applicants should endeavour to apply for admission when Makerere University advertises for private sponsorship.
b. Must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
c. Should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 11 points for young women and 15 Points for young men obtained in Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (U.A.C.E) or its equivalent from 2016, 2017, and
d. Must demonstrate leadership potential and commitment to social betterment.
e. Must have a record of community service.
f. Should not be a holder of any other Scholarship.
g. Should not have completed any Diploma or Undergraduate studies.
h. Should not be a registered student of any university or tertiary institution.
A completed application should include the following:
- Three Passport size photographs with the applicant’s name written at the back in block letters. (Paste one to the form and two should be submitted in an envelope).
- A copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate.
- Photocopies of primary leaving examination, Ordinary level, and Advanced level certificates of education
- Photocopies of A level bank slips.
- Copies of death certificate(s) of biological parent (s) (if applicable).
- Copies of report card for term one and two of senior six
- Hand drawn physical map of LC I /Village of residence with clear directions of how to get to the home of residence (indicate approximate distances in kilometers from the main road).
- Endorsement by the Head Teacher of the A-level School attended in Section G (signed and stamped).
- Endorsement by the LC 1 of the District of Residence in Section H (signed and stamped)
- Recommendation from the former sponsoring organization where applicable
Full Advert – Call for Applications Academic Year 2019/2020
Scholarship Application Form – 2019