2019 MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Ashesi University, Ghana
Deadline: June 27, 2019.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is an initiative to educate and prepare young people – especially from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities. The Scholars Program at Ashesi will provide young Africans from economically disadvantaged communities who have demonstrated academic talent and leadership potential with access to quality and relevant education.
Students must also meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of an African country, residing in Africa
- Exhibit strong academic record and penchant for high-achievement
- Demonstrate a Financial Need
- Present an active record of youth leadership within his/her community
Scholars at Ashesi represent some of the best and brightest students from across the African continent, and will receive a holistic education that includes:
1. Comprehensive Scholarships: Students receive financial support for fees, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
2. Life-long Skills: Scholars at Ashesi benefit from enrichment in skill areas relevant to success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
3. Transition Support: Scholars will receive support during their transition into Ashesi, and the workforce, with mentoring, career counseling, internships and other life skills coaching.
4. Give-Back Component: An integral component s the commitment to give back to their communities. Students will get to actively work on this through volunteer and community service opportunities.
5. Career Opportunities: Since Ashesi’s inception, some 90% of our graduates have stayed to work and contribute to growth and development in Africa; over 95% our graduates receive job offers within months of graduation.
6. A Global Alumni Network: Graduates of the Programme will be connected through a network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to learn from other scholars and Ashesi graduates around the world.
(1) Start Online Application or Paper Application
- Paper Application:
If you prefer to fill a paper application, download and complete the forms below: