2019 Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association in Nigeria Young Leaders Awards
Deadline: August 10, 2019.
Across the nations, there are extraordinary young leaders who are tirelessly innovating and creating new solutions to pressing national problems. With The Young Leaders Awards, we are committed to recognizing, celebrating and encouraging youths and individuals who are contributing immensely towards the pursuit of the sustainable development goals as well as youth and economic development in Nigeria.
The Young Leaders Awards is an initiative of the Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association in Nigeria in partnership with the US Embassy Abuja to recognize, celebrate and encourage youths and individuals who are contributing immensely towards the pursuit of the sustainable development goals as well as youth and economic development in Nigeria.
1. Politics and Governance
2. Social Enterprise
3. Education and Learning
4. Media and Entertainment
5. Energy and Environmental Sustainability
6. Disability Rights and Advocacy
7. Health and Wellbeing
8. Science, Innovation and Technology
9. Social Justice and Human Rights Advocacy
1. The award recognizes and celebrates the next generation of young leaders across Nigeria.
2. Potential awardees are individuals working on projects that fall into the highlighted categories in this award and are between 18-35 years of age.
Winners will get the prestigious young leaders award endorsed by the United States Embassy, Abuja with access to network and resources of the Mandela Washington Fellow.