2019 #MakeOurPlanetGreatAgain PostDoctoral Program for Foreign Researchers
Deadline: November 4, 2019.
France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) have implemented a program of support for foreign postdoctoral researchers wishing to conduct further research in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition.
Three broad research themes are prioritized: Earth systems, climate change and sustainability, and the energy transition.
1. Candidates must possess a doctoral degree.
2. They must not be French nationals and must not have been resident in France after September 1, 2018.
3. Candidates may be of any age.
4. The postdoctoral contract must take effect no later than March 31, 2020.
5. The candidates must either come from one of the 56 countries listed below or propose a post-doctoral project that benefits one or several of the listed countries.
Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Colombia, Comoros Islands, Cuba, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire), Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Saint-Lucia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Togo, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
Institutions hosting the selected researchers will be financed up to :
- 75 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 18 months ;
- 50 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 12 months ;
- 25 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 6 months.
Candidates must submit their research proposals online at https://campusfrance.smapply.io/prog/mopga_post_doctoral_second_call
- Your CV and the list of your publications in English ;
- Your PhD Diploma ;
- The CV of your postdoctoral supervisor ;
- The letter of commitment of the French host institution for hosting your post-doctorate (the host institution receives a financing a maximum of 75 000€ for 18 months) ;
- Letters of recommendation.