2019 Magnum Foundation Fellowship
Deadline: January 4, 2019.
Magnum Foundation are accepting applications for the spring session of the Magnum Foundation Fellowship, a program offering mentorship and stipends to early-career practitioners who are at a critical moment in their development as photographers.
During the fellowship, fellows produce an in-depth project local to New York City that demonstrates a commitment to social issues and community based work. Fellows are encouraged to build relationships with their subjects in the field, build partnerships with relevant organizations, and experiment with new narrative forms and storytelling techniques. Fellows receive mentorship and project development support from Magnum Foundation staff and extended network throughout the duration of the fellowship.
In addition to producing a project, fellows are considered an integral part of the team and are expected to make significant contributions to the day-today work we do at Magnum Foundation. The fellows work on range of projects in the New York office including research on social issues, exploration of emerging technologies and platforms, multimedia production, and event production. Candidates should have expertise in at least one of the following areas: video production, graphic design, emerging technology, and research. Candidates will be paired with Magnum Foundation projects according to their expertise and interests.
1. Candidates should have expertise in at least one of the following areas: video production, graphic design, emerging technology, and research.
2. Open to recent graduate or early career practitioners
1. $500/week for a total of $6,000
2. The fellowship does not provide room and board or transportation to and from Magnum Foundation’s office.
3. Fellows are responsible for arranging their own accommodations and travel.
Applicant will need to submit your resume, a cover letter, a project proposal, and an edit of past work. Fellows are chosen by an internal selection team.