2019 MacDowell Fellowship for Emerging Artists
Deadline: April 15, 2019.
About 300 artists in seven disciplines are awarded fellowships each year and the sole criterion for acceptance is artistic excellence. There are no residency fees. Travel grants as well as need-based stipends are available to open the residency experience to the broadest possible community of artists. Artists with professional standing in their fields, as well as emerging artists, are eligible to apply. MacDowell encourages artists from all backgrounds and all countries in the following disciplines: architecture, film/video arts, interdisciplinary arts, literature, music composition, theatre, and visual arts.
1. The Colony accepts applications from artists working in the following disciplines: architecture, film/video arts, interdisciplinary arts, literature, music composition, theatre, and visual arts.
2. The sole criterion for acceptance is artistic excellence, which the Colony defines in a pluralistic and inclusive way.
3. MacDowell encourages applications from artists representing the widest possible range of perspectives and demographics, and welcomes artists engaging in the broadest spectrum of artistic practice and investigating an unlimited array of inquiries and concerns.
4. To that end, emerging as well as established artists are invited to apply.
5. Applicants who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree programs as of the date of application are ineligible for a residency and therefore cannot apply.
6. Doctoral candidates who have finished all coursework may apply.
With the support of two foundations, they are able to offer travel reimbursement grants to defray the cost of domestic and international travel to and from New Hampshire. Domestic travel grants are provided by The MacArthur Transportation Fund; international travel grants are provided by The David and Rosamond Putnam Transportation Fund. Artists apply for travel grants by filling out a brief form itemizing travel costs and attaching all receipts.