2019 Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) Fellowships for Doctoral Students
Deadline: September 15, 2019.
The Leibniz Institute of European History (IEG) awards research fellowships to young academics (doctoral and postdoctoral researchers) from Germany and abroad.
Funding is provided for both doctoral and postdoctoral research dealing with the religious, political, social and cultural history of Europe from the early modern period to 1989/90. Comparative, transnational and transfer-historical research projects are particularly welcome, as are projects which deal with topics of intellectual, church or theological history.
1. These are open to doctoral researchers from Germany and abroad who have at least a Masters level degree in history, theology or another discipline which works historically.
2. They must have been pursuing their doctorate for no more than three years at the time of taking up the fellowship, though exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances.
1. Fellowship holders whose partners accompany them to Mainz and do not have income of more than 450 euros per month may receive a family allowance. Please indicate in your application whether your partner accompanies you to Mainz.
2. Fellows who come to Mainz accompanied by their underage children can apply for a child allowance.
3. IEG Fellowship for doctoral students have a monthly value of € 1,350.
attachments in the following order:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae and List of publications (if applicable) (please do not send photos)
- outline of the Ph.D.-thesis (up to 15,000 characters excluding footnotes and spaces)
- structure of the Ph.D.-thesis
- detailed timetable for the intended stay at the Institute
- copies of university transcripts andproofs of language competence
Please use the IEG application form which can be found under Downloads on the right.
Applications should be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Leibniz Institute of European History
Prof. Irene Dingel and Prof. Johannes Paulmann
Re: Fellowship Application
Please combine all of your application documents into a single PDF except for the application form and include a word count at the end of your project description. Please send your application to [email protected]. You may write in either English or German; we recommend that you use the language in which you are most proficient.