2019 IsDB-TWAS Research Grant for Research Collaboration in Sustainability Sciences
Deadline: September 12, 2019.
The UN Sustainable Development Goals present humanity – and the global research community – with urgent challenges. TWAS and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are offering one competitive Grant for Research Collaboration in Sustainability Sciences. The goal: provide incentives for researchers from 57 IsDB member countries to work together on shared challenges.
The Research Grants programme provides support for research projects in the following fields (please refer to the guidelines for details):
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
- Each Principle Investigator (PI) must be a national of an IsDB member country and hold a PhD with good research experience and lead each research group. (Note: The PI will be responsible for the coordination of the research, submission of requested documentation and reporting of the expenses. All TWAS correspondence will be with each PI).
- One PI MUST be from an IsDB Least Developed Member Country (listed in green below) and the other from any of the eligible IsDB member countries.
- Each member of the group should operate in a university or research institution in one of the IsDB member countries and should be represented in the proposal by a PI. No age limit is applied to the applicant.
- Applications from women scientists are especially encouraged.
- Individual young scientists or leaders of research units currently holding a TWAS Research Grant in the Basic Sciences are not eligible.
The grant amounts to a maximum of USD 50,000 per group – USD 100,000 total per grant. A grant is normally provided for a period of 24 months. The programme will choose one project per year.
- Applications must be submitted online via the TWAS online portal. The link to this page is found at the bottom of this page.
- Applications not submitted via this online portal will not be considered.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant (either as an IsDB-TWAS grant or as an individual grant, as a research unit, COMSTECH or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship). Applicants cannot apply for other TWAS programmes i.e. Postdoctoral, Visiting Scholar and Visiting Researcher programme within the same year in order to be present in their home country throughout the duration of the grant.
- For any queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org