2019 Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors Program
Deadline: June 25, 2019.
Starting from this year, the Internet Society will combine the IGF Ambassadors and Youth@IGF into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors.
The goal of this program is to empower young adults aged 18 through 30 from all around the world by:
- Building their capacity through training
- Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond
- Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program
- Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development of the Internet
- Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next generation leadership
- Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates
- Providing them with opportunities to participate in the global Internet ecosystem and to interact and engage with the broader Internet Governance community
- Increasing their visibility and preparing them to deliver more meaningful impacts at the local, regional and global levels
- Mobilizing youth beyond Internet Governance specific topics
All applicants must be:
- Internet Society Members
- Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance related issues
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to spend a minimum of 8 hours each week during the eLearning Phase
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars
- Not been selected as Youth@IGF Fellow or IGF Ambassador before
1. IGF Youth Ambassadors receive support to attend the Global Internet Governance Forum, taking place in Berlin, Germany, from 25 to 29 November 2019.
2. IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend an onsite, dynamic leadership session with Internet Society community members, youth representatives from other programs, Internet Society staff and other IGF attendees. This session takes the form of an unconference, with the agenda being crowdsourced by attendees, and breakout groups facilitated to create pockets of common interest and interaction. The goal is to build/deepen relationships and foster community around youth engagement.