2019 International Youth Math Challenge for Students Worldwide
Deadline: September 29, 2019.
The International Youth Math Challenge is one of the biggest math competition for students from all around the world: Unleash your creativity, knowledge, and math skills to win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD – take this unique opportunity and participate today!
1. In order to participate in IYMC you have to be a high-school or university student. Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
2. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate.
3. To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative.
4. You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
1. IYMC gives you the unique opportunity to unleash your math skills and to apply them to challenging problems.
2. Participants can receive certificates, awards, cash prizes, and global recognition.
3. All participants receive participation certificates.
4. The best students receive the 1. prize, 2. prize, and 3. prize with a cash prize of respectively 200 USD, 150 USD, and 100 USD.
5. There are also special regional for the best submissions from each region:
1. (Qualification Round) The qualification round 2019 consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 29. September. All participants receive certificates.
2. (Pre-Final Round) Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 10 problems of the pre-final round. The registration costs are 8 USD to make this competition possible: Learn More
3. (Final Round) Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by your teacher. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
Please submit your solution to the qualification round (here) via the official submission form. Pay attention to the following aspects:
- Clearly mark your final solutions (e.g. underlining, red color, box).
- The solution file may be typed digitally or it may be a clear picture of your handwritten notes. Digitally typed solutions receive a special honorary note on the certificates!
- You can upload one single file! If you have multiple pictures, please compress them into one single file (e.g. you can use ImgToPDF).
- You can upload PDF and image (jpg, jpeg, png) files. We do not accept any other formats (e.g. ZIP or Word files)! You can use this tool to convert your file into PDF: PDF-Converter
- The file size has to be below 10 MB otherwise it will be rejected.
- Important: Make sure that you write your name and birth correctly. It will be used for all certificates!
After you have submitted your solution via the submission form, you can log into your status page (here). This status page allows you to …
- check your status and to check your uploaded solutions.
- view your results and performance reports of each round.
- download/access all your certificates.
- upload solutions for the pre-final round.
- view your personal information and more.