2019 International Youth Federation seeks Under Secretary General
Deadline: January 31, 2019.
The Secretary-General is pleased to announce the following job opening at the USG level: Under-Secretary-General based worldwide (Remotely).
In order to ensure a wide pool of candidates for this position, the IYF welcomes any applications to supplement the Secretary-General’s own search and consultations. The IYF would especially welcome nominations of women candidates.
The Under-Secretary-General (USG) is the third senior official after the IYF President and the Secretary-General. The position of USG requires energy and sustained commitment. It is demanding in its necessary attention to detail. It is best suited to a person who is well organized, has developed administrative skills and has appropriate, but by no means elaborate, secretarial assistance. Ensuring the smooth running of the IYF’s work plan and assisting the Senior Management Team (SMT). She/he is assisted by Assistant Secretary-General(s) in promoting and ensuring the necessary cooperation and coordination, liaising with the IYF secretariats to coordinating inter-agency relations at management and technical level.
(A) Official Representation:
- Represent the IYF Management team at all levels;
- When delegated, verifying and signing all acts adopted by the Executive Board, together with the SG;
- Assisting the SG in preparing important meetings/missions of the IYF;
- In the absence of the SG, the USG shall assume the functions of the SG;
- Communicate the decisions of IYF administration, commissions, and senior management on behalf of the IYF;
- Conduct the correspondence of the IYF and send out notices of all event, conferences, and meetings at the international level.
(B) Governance and Coordination Support:
- Prepare annual reports on the work of the IYF and such other documents, which may, from time to time, be required by the IYF administration;
- Act as chair for and at all meetings of the Executive Office. He/she shall prepare and distribute the agenda and other materials and keep the minutes of all meetings;
- Report annually, on behalf of the Executive Office, about the activities of the Federation and of its Committees, Joint Committees, and other bodies; and
- To manage, devise, submit and monitor all budgets in their activity area, to ensure there are no negative variances.
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice.
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrates strong team management skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Fluency in English with superior drafting skills is essential.
- Good knowledge of another UN language will be considered an asset.
- Substantive experience and results preferred at the international or multi-cultural level including experience in development, communications, international relations youth studies, sport, women empowerment, youth-led organizations or relevant field;
- Excellent knowledge of the international norms and standards is essential.
1. All applications should include a cover note and curriculum vitae of the candidates with full contact information (telephone and e-mail) and must be sent to the IYF. Nominations may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can apply directly to this post via this link.