2019 International Society for the Performing Arts Internship Program
Deadline: August 30, 2019.
ISPA is seeking an intern for fall 2019. Reporting to the Manager of Membership and Events (MME), the Membership and Events Intern will provide administrative support to the ISPA team, which will be gearing up for the Congress held in New York City, January 14-16, 2020 and initiating the membership renewal process for 2020. Two major areas of responsibility will include processing event registrations and providing customer service to members and prospective members.
1. Event Support
Working with the MME, the intern provides important support for all Congress registrations and events leading up to the Congresses, including:
- Coordinate the registration process including responding to registration inquires and processing registrations
- Recruit, schedule, and manage volunteers
- Assist with the onsite registration and check-in process during the Congress including material preparation, logistical coordination for transporting materials, setup/strike of registration area at multiple venues, in-person customer service
- Process and file invoices
- Update website content
2. Membership Support
ISPA has a diverse membership of over 500 members representing 59 different countries. The intern will be involved with ongoing communication with this membership constituency, including:
- Assist the MME in responding to requests for support and information from all customers
- Process membership applications, assist new members with setting up their online accounts
- Troubleshoot issues with member accounts
- Update website content
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of an arts management program or related field
- Internship or work experience with cultural or non-profit organizations
- Experience as a volunteer or organizing/recruiting volunteers
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, and Excel
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Efficient and organized with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledge/skill with image manipulation/Photoshop desirable
- Fluency or conversational skills in a second language desirable
- Work well in a team environment where a small staff is responsible for a variety of tasks and initiatives
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
This position is part-time at 20 hours per week, with full-time hours during the week of the congress and the preceding week (January 6-17, 2020). Compensation is $500 per month, plus monthly unlimited metro card reimbursement. ISPA’s office is located in Manhattan.
Please submit the following materials in a single PDF document via email to [email protected]indicating “Fall 2019 Intern Application” in the subject line of the email:
- Cover letter addressed to Ann Pattan, Manager of Membership and Events detailing your experience, career goals, and why you are interested in the position.
- List of three references