2019 Institute of Tropical Medicine Journalist-In-Residence Programme for Journalists
Deadline: June 24, 2019.
The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) in Antwerp welcomes applications for the sixth edition of its journalist-in-residence programme.
Through fundamental and applied research, advanced education and expert services, ITM advances medical science to solve tropical, poverty-related and global health threats.
The initiative is part of ITM’s capacity building programme in developing countries financed by the Belgian Directorate-General for Development (DGD). Last year, three talented women from Cambodia, Indonesia and Venezuela stayed three weeks in Antwerp. Read more about the work of the previous Journalists-in-Residence.
1. Journalist living and working in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
2. Journalist passionate by the fascinating world of infectious diseases and international health.
3. Journalists working in all types of media are offered the unique opportunity to write a series of articles, shoot a documentary or make a podcast in the area of infectious diseases and international health.
1. The selected journalist will interact with world experts in a wide range of topics in biomedical sciences, clinical sciences and public health during his or her stay at ITM in Antwerp.
2. As ITM journalist-in-residence, s/he will have time to explore different areas or delve deeply into a single topic.
3. The journalist-in-residence will get the chance to meet with the key speakers who will discuss topics such as migration, climate change, etc. and the impact on our health.