2019 IJR Peacebuilding Interventions Internship
Deadline: December 10, 2018.
Are you a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa? Do you want to develop your peacebuilding, research and analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across Africa? The Peacebuilding Interventions (PI) Programme at the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) invites applications for a paid internship from candidates.
1. Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Studies, Development Studies, Human Rights, Gender & Peacebuilding, or a related discipline.
2. Competence in research and analysis;
3. Excellent communication skills;
4. Computer literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
5. The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
6. Competency in English is necessary while another international language would be an advantage.
7. Ability to write, proofread or edit articles, op-eds, etc.
8. Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Ms. Anthea Flink at: [email protected] by the 10th of December 2018, using PI Intern in the subject heading. Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered.